Belal was born in Williamstown, Melbourne, Australia. He started his Islamic studies at a very early age and acquired his Shariah knowledge in Lebanon and continued tertiary education in Bio-Medical Science in Australia. Belal has been offering his services to the community for many years and has been working with the Islamic Society of Victoria for over ten years.
Belal’s achievements to date are astonishing:-
- Delivering Friday Lectures at the Omar bin Al-Khattab Masjid and Saturday Lectures at Meadow Heights Masjid. By the Grace of Allah, distributions of his lecture CDs have reached a global audience and are sold in the UK, USA and Indian subcontinent
- Translation of several texts from Arabic to English
- Many years of public relations work with State Government Departments, Local Councils and the Victoria Police Department for the benefits of the Muslim community
- A Commonwealth government certified Minister of Religion and Marriage Celebrant
- The development of several counseling programs for Muslim families and youth
Among his popular works include “Ahmed the Repenter”, “Those who desire Paradise” and “The Compassion of Mohammed (Sallalahu A’laihi Wasallam) to the World”.
He has also written a children’s story book “The Story of Adam (A’laihi Salaam)” which was illustrated and published a few years back. In the month of Ramadan, many flock to pray taraweeh behind him as Allah Subhanahu Wa Taa’la has blessed him with a beautiful voice.